I can’t remember when I cast on for this project. A few weeks ago, probably. I’ll have to put in an estimate when I set up the Ravelry project page. I was knitting it at the park a while back and had to put it away – I couldn’t talk and knit at the same time, as I was getting used to the chart for the back of the hand and doing increases for the thumb too. There are 5 stitch markers on this mitt, in spite of its small size.
Anyway, this is the latest project from Knitting New Mittens and Gloves. It’s called Box Pleats and I’m using a rather lovely shade of elann micro cotton. I believe it’s saffron. I found some beads at Fabricland which work perfectly with the yarn. So perfectly you can barely see them!
I took it along to a homeschool outing yesterday and DID manage to socialise and make progress, but it was still kind of fiddly and I noticed that in the evening my wrists ached a little. Not much, but just enough to realise I need to be careful not to knit for too long each day. Which sucks!