Experimenting with skulls

Standard

imageThe last ball of sample yarn I was given at work is in the process of becoming a generic beanie. Just half doubles worked in a spiral until it’s big enough. It’s Deborah Norville Everyday Soft Worsted in black, and I’m using my favourite Addi 5.5mm hook.

To make it more interesting and relevant to the season, I’m adding a white skull applique to it. I found a pattern via Ravelry. The non-Ravelry link is here. It’s the one in my photo above, on the right. It’s an effective design but too big for my hat. So I used the idea to make a smaller version, which is on top of the hat on the left, and I think this will work just fine.

For now, I need to keep going on the hat. I just tried it on my styrofoam model head and it’s too shallow.

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian readers 🍁

2 responses »

  1. Not really cold enough for hats here. We’ve had another day of beautiful sunshine and mild temperatures.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s