Heh Heh, did you see what I did there? Granny’s spectacles or Granny blanket’s specifications?
Of course, the latter.
So after weighing all of my Stylecraft Special Aran, I came to the conclusion that I used just over 16 balls of it, in 30 colours, approximating to 3150 metres. And spent at least 50 hours making it.
It wasn’t sunny this morning but I draped the blanket on my deck and did manage to get some better photos which are more in focus and show the colours better. I also have photos of the wooden box stuffed with yarn that I worked from all these months.
At the top of this post is the box stuffed full at the very beginning and in fact I also had duplicates of some of the colours in a separate bag.
At the end of the project, this is all the Stylecraft Special Aran I have left in the house (it doesn’t look a lot different, does it!)
Plenty there for more projects, anyway.
Here are the photos I took this morning…