The above photos were taken last night after I decided that the cowl/scarfy thing was long enough. After some discussion on the Tunisian crochet group that I joined on Ravelry, I realised that I’d been doing the left edge all wrong, so it was time to call that a lesson learned and move on.
The piece of Tunisian simple stitch was about 25″ long and 9″ wide and the perfect size for a cowl. As far as I’m concerned, the somewhat curved ‘wrong’ edge can be the bottom edge, and the other neater edge can be the top, as that what will be seen most during wear. (Of course if I give this away, I doubt a non-crafty person would be able to tell the difference.)
The fabric resulting from the Loops & Threads Chameleon with the 6mm hook is so nice. Close but not too dense, soft, squishy and very warm.
Today at work I found some clear buttons to add to the cowl.None of the coloured ones really worked. The buttons are probably not going to have to be undone to wear the cowl but I didn’t want to just sew the ends together because of the drastic colour difference between the two ends.
Colours are looking washed out here, but it’s the same yarn that I used for the Spring Bag. I am playing with a 6.5mm hook now and more of this yarn, practising the Tunisian knit stitch. Just a small piece that will probably become a cellphone cosy.
It’s a public holiday here tomorrow – Victoria Day – I already worked two days of this long weekend and I’m glad I don’t have to work tomorrow. I’m sure many Canadians decided to go camping this weekend, but in our area the weather has been chilly and windy and wet. Whilst I feel a bit sorry for those in tents, we really do need the rain.
Talk to you again soon.