OK, OK, I know I said I had to get the blanket done, and once my housework was finished today, plus even a little bit o’ weight training, I DID make progress on the ripple. Four repeats done of the stripe pattern, two to go.
However, a bee got into my bonnet and I felt like making something for a certain person, but I can’t explain it further at the moment. I don’t want to say who it’s for until it’s done.
The little coin purse that I recently made out of Stylecraft Classique Cotton is going to have a mummy! I pulled out a pattern that I tested, hmmm, over a year ago I think, but ended up selling with a bunch of my other stuff. It was such a cute bag and in a way I wish I’d kept it, but I really am NOT short of bags!
The pattern is available on Ravelry for $3 – linky here.
Obviously I have a printout of the original pattern that has been heavily edited as I and others worked out the kinks in the design. I’m sure that now the pattern is in great shape and totally worth the money. That’s what the pattern testing groups in Ravelry are for.
So, I’m using all 12 colours of my Classique and a 4mm hook to make this groovy little bag. Because the original was crocheted with worsted weight yarn and a 5mm hook, but my yarn is DK, I decided to make six motifs to go around the centre of the bag instead of five.
This is my progress this evening:
One more round to go on each motif to square them up, and that’s the central part of the bag body done.
And now to bed!