OK, I’ve probably given you an earworm now, right? It’s all about that bass, ’bout that bass, no treble…
But in this case, Base is the name of the pattern I’ve been working on today. I didn’t realise that the CAL for the bag would be such a short commitment this week, so I’ve been able to do other things. And with today being a home day, with only a bit of cooking and laundry to do, I’ve had lots of time to crochet. (And lift a few weights so it wasn’t a totally sedentary day.)
It’s a bear…and he’s ‘armless!
He will have arms soon, I promise, but I’ve had enough of this project today. It’s been a bit of a struggle in places, working DK with a 3.25mm hook, making the leg tubes, joining them at the top, and mucking about with the ears. The instructions for the ears don’t seem to make sense so, like many others who commented on their Ravelry project pages, I fudged it to make it look right!
I’m not really happy with the eyes and nose – I didn’t have safety eyes and anyway I want to offer this bear for sale with the ripple blanket as a baby toy/blanket set, so I embroidered them. The tails are still hanging out the back of his head in case I change my mind.
He needs arms which, in the pattern, are striped like the body of his little sweater. However I can’t face the thought of multiple colour changes in such a narrow tube so I’m going to make them red.
He’s about 7″ or 18cm tall, which is smaller than the designer’s version, who gave a finished dimension of 25cm. I didn’t check my gauge because I wasn’t bothered about the finished size.
Base will rest overnight on my coffee table, and hopefully he won’t get an itch anywhere because he doesn’t have any hands to scratch with…yet.