The Demelza blanket has four rectangular sections that will later be joined to all four sides of the centre square. These are pretty straightforward, being made up mostly of double crochets (trebles in the UK) plus some front post stitches to create the effect of flowers.
I started the first rectangle last night, but realised after three stripes that I had made a mistake with my colour choices, so it was frogged (rip it, rip it) and I started again. That was a chunk of my evening wasted, but I do love the way it looks now.
After a good long steep hike with a friend this morning, I was able to have some quality time with my hook and yarn this afternoon (interspersed with a bit of laundry and some dinner prep) and the first rectangle was finished. The second was started tonight but the combination of being up early this morning plus a decent amount of exercise is causing me to droop and it’s only 9pm or so. Not sure how much more I will do this evening so thought I’d post a quick update here before I got too tired.
I didn’t smooth out the square before getting a photo of the two pieces side by side but you can see the colours I ended up using (13 of the 15). The gauge is a bit different on each piece too, but I’m sure it’ll all be fine when joined and blocked (famous last words)!
I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Happy crafting!
What a great Afghan to be working on while the Poldark series is starting again! Yours is looking great:)
Thanks. I don’t have cable so I’m not watching the series. I do vaguely remember the original series in British tv many many years ago.
Thank you for commenting.
It’s very impressive!
~Have a lovely day!
Thank you. I have been crocheting my fingers off today and the four rectangles are done.