It was time for a clean-up! After sewing a number of projects, things are always out of place, messy, strewn about, and the creative chaos feels just like…chaos!
Tonight I did a blitz. Well, more of a semi-blitz as I didn’t touch everything in the room. But the plan was to move the folding table under the window for more natural light during the day. That freed up the entire centre of the room. Yarn and fabric were stuffed in cubbies/bags/drawers. The ironing board was moved against the whiteboard wall. I brought in an extra wire cube section that had been housing my shoes in the utility room. I needed to maximise the space I had.
This room used to be ds1’s bedroom which is why it has the heavy furniture in it that he acquired himself. It’s useful, if not pretty.
Anyway, here are the before shots:
It took a couple of hours, some organisation and some vacuuming, but it is once again a room that’s pleasant to be in. Whether I like working in my new set-up is yet to be confirmed!
I see I didn’t get around to straightening the granny square on my chair! But I am looking forward to my next project now that things are tidy again.