My oh-so-colourful sweater is finished. Details on my Ravelry project page, but to sum up:
It took me 2 weeks and 2 days
The last 2 days were seaming and weaving in a bazillion ends
I followed the instructions for the medium to get a large, as my gauge was 13 sts/inch rather than 14
It took 625 grams of yarn. Around four 50 gram balls of the cream (Moonstone) and parts of nearly all the colours in my Scheepjes Stonewashed/Riverwashed XL minis pack
The only colour I didn’t use was the black
It was easy and fast and I’d consider making another, but maybe with only one colour!
Since I took those photos, I have machine-washed the sweater and it is currently drying on a rack in a corner of the living room.
I have also had a little fabric play. I made a small denim pouch and a bag with a snap, inspired by a Lizzy Curtis tutorial, that holds quilting clips on the outside pleats.
In addition to these, I have sewn a little ear saver from this tutorial for Mr Fixit, in case he needs to wear any disposable masks rather that the two cloth ones I made for him. I made it very manly in grey cotton with black snaps!
And when I ran out of things to sew, I started to play with the different stitches on my sewing machine, creating a kind of index of stitches on orange cotton with purple thread! All good fun.