There was a free oddment of vinyl lying around in the staff room yesterday so I brought it home. It was only 7″ wide so I cut it up for a bag base.
The quilting cotton has been in the stash for ages and is one of my favourite fabrics. I have already made a few things with it.
I used a Microtex needle and a slightly longer stitch and it just glided through the vinyl like a dream, even when I sewed through 8 layers for the D ring tab.
Day 1 of a three day weekend. I need to wash a couple of pieces of fabric so that I can sew two tops, so the bag was a slight diversion! Hoping to get started on a garment tomorrow.