I made two project bags on Friday and this is the second one. Unfortunately the garment-making didn’t go as well so I have nothing to show for that yet.
The base is a bowl shape crocheted from Knit Picks Dishie, a cotton yarn. Once the ball was almost used up, I added fabric to the top part.
After measuring the circumference of the top edge, I cut a strip of fabric the same length plus seam allowances, sewed it into a tube, and then sewed it to the top of the crochet.
The lining is another tube, the same circumference by the height of the bag, with a circle base. Much as I dislike sewing cylinders and circles together this came together easily.
When I sewed the exterior and interior together, I added channels for the drawstring. It worked out just as I imagined and I’m really pleased with it.
In the photo above, the bag has four 100 gram yarn skeins inside, so it’s a good size.