I had to enlist the help of one of my tall boys tonight to get a photo of the finished quilt top. I dragged him out to the deck and got a few shots, but it was pretty windy and my phone isn’t great. However, I think you get the picture. The appliqued vehicles at the intersections of the sashing are (I hope) disguising the fact that some of my blocks are not particularly well lined up vertically. I used Heat ‘n Bond Light on them and will anchor them down properly when I do the quilting.
This project is huge – about 65 inches square – and I am currently in the process of piecing the backing from the leftover fabrics. I’m nearly there, but there’s no rush (although I always feel like I want to get my projects done fast) and I can do more tomorrow.
Getting up early is great, because I can get completely ready for work and then have time to sew as well.
I may have to buy batting. I think I only have a small number of bits and pieces in my stash, so I’ll have to check out prices when I go to work on Monday. I still don’t know how much quilting I’ll actually do on this. It’s been so long since I did any quilting and I may even try out a spray basting method this time, rather than safety pins. Then perhaps I’ll quilt large flower shapes on it using free motion quilting with my darning foot.
Quite the adventure!