I am a little embarrassed to admit that I cast on this sock on July 3rd last year. Why did it take me so long to finish it? Probably the fact that it’s actual sock yarn, so it’s very thin, the needles are US#1/2.25mm, also very thin, and I was sure my gauge was working out looser than the intended 9sts/inch so didn’t expect it to fit.
However, all is well. I had no other works in progress so I picked up this project, which has been languishing in its very cute project bag for months, and actually finished the darned foot and toe in very little time. And it fits!
To avoid Second Sock Syndrome, I immediately cast on the second sock.
The yarn is Loops & Threads Perfect Pair in the colourway Glory Days. Love the colours in this so much. I also have two other colourways of this in the stash, and I shall have to decide whether to knit another pair or perhaps try a crocheted pair next.
The pattern is the basic sock pattern from Ann Budd’s Knitter’s Handy Book of Patterns, following the numbers for the women’s large at 9sts/inch.
I also had a bit of fun while I had the chance this afternoon and made another pair of the fleece armwarmers with some pawprint fleece left over from a blanket project at Christmas. They really are quick and easy.
I love moving stash, whether it’s yarn or fabric. I also have a tote bag which is partially sewn but which I had to abandon earlier to get dinner on the table. And I didn’t get back to it after dinner as we went to a yoga class. But that’s OK, I will finish it soon and show you pics.
Hey, how are you? I’m enjoying a day off today and the sun is shining and it’s going to be hot again. The laundry is out on my brand-spanking-new clothes line which we bought from Amazon, with the brand-spanking-new clothes pins/pegs that we bought from Lee Valley. It just didn’t seem right to use the old weathered pegs on the new line!
The plan is to bring in the pegs each time to get them to last longer so I felt I needed a bag to put them in. I could have crocheted one – nope, too slow – and I could have sewn a fancy one out of pretty cotton, and I could have made one out of an upcycled T shirt, but there weren’t any in the thrift store bag (lots of socks and underwear, but no T shirts)!
I rummaged through my fabric bits and pieces and found this Hello Kitty fleece – it was already a rectangle and I just needed to fold it, square it up, cut a small hole in the folded edge for the plastic hanger, cut an opening and hem it for the access hole, and sew up the sides and bottom. And reinforce the hanger hole, just in case.
And Bob, as they say, is your uncle.
The ripple blanket has grown a bit – if only I could actually spend more time crocheting and less time browsing Ravelry! I know I’d like to get it done before the 17th so I can start the Peacock Tail Bag CAL without a WIP hanging around. Maybe I should have joined the Ravellenic Games on Ravelry, which would have given me a deadline of the closing ceremonies of the Olympics to finish it.
Ah well, I shall do a bit more housework so I can feel justified in getting back to the couch for some more rippling later on.