Tag Archives: zipperpouch

A bit of everything

Standard
A bit of everything

There’s been knitting…

Since I took that photo, it’s grown quite a bit. This is Age of Brass and Steam which is a free pattern that I found via Ravelry. It’s very popular with thousands of projects linked. The yarn is Cascade Ultra Pima Paints, a lovely tonal cotton.

There’s been crocheting…

I won’t say too much about this because it’s a test for someone. But it came out CUTE!

And there’s been sewing…

A vinyl zipper pouch based on a Crafty Gemini tutorial (YouTube) called a pinch pouch.

And an actual garment which gave me grief and I had to redo the neck binding but I think it’s wearable now!

Gawd, it’s 34 degrees today with a forecast high for the weekend of 38. What the heck?!?!?!

We don’t have AC so the only way to be sitting here and not dripping is to have the big floor fan going. Downstairs, where my sewing room is, is somewhat cooler. I can see the big maple tree in my front yard blowing about in the wind and I can imagine it’d be like standing on front of a giant hairdryer right now.

And now I have to make dinner so the fan is getting moved to the kitchen!

Flower Power bag

Standard

Happy happy happy! A day off sandwiched between a bunch of workdays turned into a sewing day.

A friend sent me a link to the Blooms bag by Yoan Sewing Studio on YouTube and it’s so pretty. I was won over and abandoned the backpack plans and made this instead.

It has a long strap for wearing over the shoulder or across your body, and handles too. Rather than sew the straps, I used lime green belting. I also used upcycled jeans for the base.

There are two sets of D rings so it can have a foldover top, or not. I had to use a coordinating fabric for the back as the camper fabric would have looked upside down.

There’s a zipper pocket with a slip pocket behind, on the front, and inside there is a magnetic closure, slip pockets and another zipper pocket.

I love it!

Two other small projects were finished last weekend. More scrappy zipper pouches.

The pompom trim was a last minute fix to cover a spot that was lifting and exposing the batting!