I’ve had so much fun playing with colour the last week.
The baby quilt is done. I used a partial panel, backed with pieced squares of cotton batiks, and incorporated bits of ribbon around the edge for the baby to play with. Inspired by the quilt, I crocheted a hedgehog from the book Amigurumi World by Ana Paula Rimoli.
The hedgehog had to be decorated with flowers, just like the one in the centre of the quilt.
My knitting WIP this week is some colourful legwarmers that I’m making with the same yarns as the batwing sweater. The plan is to knit one long tube, then separate in the middle and add cuffs.
The thin purple line is where I will divide and add the ribbing. No second sock syndrome here!
And with the most physical part of inventory over at the fabric store, I have been relaxing in the evenings with a spot of quality time with my Janome.
The scrappy/black bag was the first. I loved it so much I made two more, tweaking my design as I went.
With the toucan bag, I boxed the corners smaller, which resulted in a taller bag, and the lining wasn’t quite deep enough. It was a happy accident that the lining pokes up above the top edge.
So the Mrs Bobbins quilt-themed bag has an extra half inch height on the lining and it worked perfectly.
All of the bags close with two snaps and have an internal pocket with another snap.
I’m wondering whether to do a 30 day challenge for myself. A bag a day! That would burn up some stash and I could try to sell some of them to fund my future fabric purchases! These bags take quite the chunk of time. The first one was about 2 hours as I was figuring out the measurements but now that I have ironed out the kinks I can make them more quickly.
Something to think about!