Last night at 1am, I finished this bag. I set up a project page for it on Ravelry and called it the Ugly Duffle bag! It’s one of those scrap projects which very satisfyingly use up lots of odds and ends but isn’t necessary very pretty.
The drawstring goes around the holes near the top and then is joined to the outside bottom of the bag, so it can be carried backpack style or across the body.
It’s a mixture of stitches, starting out with sc for the base, hdc for most of the sides and dc for the last few rows at the top.
I carried two strands of yarn, one of which was black Loops & Threads Impeccable and the other, various oddments of mostly worsted or DK weight yarn. When it came to join the next colour, I tied a knot and left the tails sticking out. It took 150 grams of the black and 150 grams of scraps.
The bag is approximately 14″ tall, 28″ in circumference and the base is about 7″ in diameter. So it’s very roomy. I still have bits of yarn left over though!