This was an intense amount of sewing. Whilst pulling out fabrics for my little gnome quilt I found the leftovers from the quilt I made last year with the zippers for tree trunks and the flying leaves and butterflies. There were some pieces of patchwork already sewn together and some long strips.
I spent a little time before a late shift building up fabric from all the pieces and then continued the next day until I had a large rectangle-ish shape.
I had a big enough chunk of the leafy fabric to make the lining without piecing.
I quilted the patchwork to some cotton batting with simple diagonal lines and trimmed everything to the same size.
I wasn’t sure when I started what sort of bag this was going to become but I ended up adding casings for a drawstring and a handle (set in diagonally as I’ve seen in some other bags).
It’s huge. It could hold a lot of yarn. A sweater project at least. And I love how cheerful it is.
I like the idea of using up farbric pieces any way possible . You have shown the way. This proves what the result can be. Wow. No landfill will know these pieces. So useful. Thanks for sharing.